Alex Allen, President & CEO
The Chandler Park Conservancy is a Michigan non-profit 501 (c) 3 corporation, formed in 2014 by the Chandler Park Promise Coalition, a project of the Eastside Community Network.
The mission of the Conservancy is to develop exceptional educational, recreational and conservation opportunities for youth and their families on Detroit’s eastside and the region, at Chandler Park.
The vision of the Conservancy is a revitalized Chandler Park, which is one of only four 200-plus acre “regional parks” in the City of Detroit. The Conservancy is working to develop a multi-facility “urban conservation campus,” on 100 acres of the park, the only one of its kind in the state of Michigan. The facilities will complement the existing Chandler Park Golf Course and Wayne County Family Aquatic Center. The campus will include but not limited to:
• Spectator outdoor and indoor sports venues for all ages and genders,
• Community gardens & wetlands,
• A self-contained stormwater management and irrigation system,
• A Conner Creek Greenway Loop,
• A new high performing charter school, and
• Special installations to convert Chandler Park as a “living lab” for environmental and ecology-related education for the children of the school, and the entire community.
Website | Email | Phone: 313-264-1415
Research Areas: Environmental Health, Education, Youth Development & Engagement, Family Health, Community Development,