Training and Mentorship Opportunity Through the CBPR Partnership Academy
November, 2 2021
We are now recruiting participants for our fifth cohort of community and academic teams! This yearlong capacity building program engages teams with little or no CBPR experience who are interested in using CBPR to address health inequities in their communities. A highlight of the program is the diversity of participants, from multiple disciplines and with particular attention to investigators from racial and ethnic groups underrepresented in research. To date the Partnership Academy has brought together four cohorts each made up of 12 highly diverse community-academic teams from around the country. Participants have come from urban, rural, and suburban communities across 21 states, two tribal nations, and Washington, DC. Approximately two-thirds of participants are Black, Indigenous, and People of Color
The CBPR Partnership Academy includes:
- A year-long program that begins with a one week intensive course in Ann Arbor, Michigan, all expenses paid. (Course location for this year - in person or virtual - will be determined based on public health guidance.)
- Throughout the year, the community-academic teams work together to develop and implement their CBPR partnership and project focused on improving the health and well-being of their communities, supported by a small planning grant.
- Monthly ongoing learning activities enable participants to engage in collaborative learning experiences, peer feedback, and mentoring.
- A Partnership Academy National Network of Community-Academic Scholars enables participants to share support, innovation, and networking beyond the year-long program.
Key Dates & Deadlines
- Q & A Informational Session: November 18, 2021 & December 9, 2021
- Application Submission Deadline: January 24, 2022 at 11:59pm ET
- Anticipated Notice of Award: March 2022
- Program Period: June 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023
- Pre-course Orientation Session:June 2022 (Date TBD)
- Week-Long Intensive Course: July 10-15, 2022 or July 17-22,2022
Click here to read more, read the Request for Applications, or download the pre-application worksheet.
If you have questions about the CBPR Partnership Academy or how to apply, please contact Mary Beth Damm, Detroit URC Center Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program is being funded by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under Award #9R25ES031549-05. Related materials do not necessarily represent views of NIH.